Setting up Linksys wireless router
If you are setting up Linksys Wireless Router for the first need, you need to follow the two steps. The first thing you have to do is physically set up your router and configure its settings. For this process, you will need an Ethernet cable to connect your router to the modem and then connect to the computer. You can also go for the wired connection even if your router is wireless. In this post, we are going to share the simple instructions for setting up Linksys Wireless Router for your device. So, read the instructions and complete the process.
Linksys Router Setup: Basic Setup Guidelines
- Before you proceed with the Linksys WiFi Setup process, check and make sure that your modem is working fine.
- Establish a successful connection between the Router, Modem, and Computer.
- Visit the Linksys Router Setup page.
- You can change the Internet Connection settings as per your ISP ( cable/DSL).
- Get back to the PC running over the internet.
- Change the WiFi settings on your router and connect all the wireless devices.
Troubleshooting Tips For Setting Up Linksys Wireless Router
If something is wrong with the speed and range of your Wireless network, you can try to change the wireless channel. You can find this option under the ‘Wireless Settings’ tab. If you have placed the wireless device far away from the router, you can install the Wireless Range Extender to boost the speed.
If you are still unable to complete the router configuration, you can read the user manual and follow the troubleshooting guidelines to fix the problem.
Settings up Linksys Wireless Router is not a tough task. All you need is to follow the instructions carefully to complete the process. If the problem is still there, you can try the upgrade the router firmware for your device.
Upgrade The Router Firmware
- To download the Router Firmware, you can visit the Linksys official website and download it from there.
- Connect your device to PC using the Ethernet cable. Do not upgrade the firmware using the wireless computer.
- You can also try Open WRT or DD-WRT firmware especially designed considering the home networking requirements.
In case, your problem is still not resolved, we recommend you contact the experts and seek their advice to fix the problem and troubleshoot the Linksys WiFi Setup process. The expert can give you the best advice and make sure that you successfully establish a WiFi connection.